- Minimum Rate Per Adult: $ per client
- Group booking special Discount: 10%
Meru Trek 3Days 2Nights Highlights
The 3 Day Mount Meru Climb & Hike is the best for acclimatization prior to Mount Kilimanjaro climbing; The Mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m.The mountain is located within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of the wildlife that inhabits the area.
Arrival : Kilimanjaro Airport – Arusha
Upon your arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport, our transfer driver will be waiting for you. He will take you to the Tulia hotel, where the rest of the day is at leisure. You might want to explore the town of Arusha (taxi required) or just relax at the lodge. In the evening you will be briefed by our team on site in preparation of the upcoming trekking tour. You will spend the night will do this briefing depend on your arrive time accommodation will be at. https://www.tuliahotelandspa.com/
Arusha – Momella Gate (1,500 m) – Miriakamba Hut (2,500 m)
We drive from Arusha to Momela Gate. After a short registration at the Gate our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe, monkeys, antelope, and often elephants along the route. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
Elevation (m): (1,387 m to (1,500 m)
Elevation (ft): 4,921 ft) to 3,000 ft )
Distance: 10 km
Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
Habitat: Montane Forest.
Miriakamba Hut (2,500 m) – Saddle Hut (3,550 m)
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
Dinner and overnight at Saddle Hut
Elevation (m): 2,514 m to 3,570 m
Elevation (ft): 8,250 ft to 11,712 ft
Distance: 8 km
Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
Habitat: Forest and Moorland.
Saddle Hut (3,550 m) – Socialist Peak (4,562 m) – Miriakamba Hut (2,500 m)-Momella Gate (1,500 m) – Arusha
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha/Moshi.
Elevation (m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
Elevation (ft): 14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
Distance: 5 km up 13 km down
Hiking Time: 12 – 14 hours
Habitat: Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
The day is left free to wind down after the trek before your flight home. Depending on flight times you could go and explore Arusha town and grab some souvenirs before heading to the airport.
*Safari, Zanzibar and other add-ons are available if you wish to continue exploring Tanzania
End of Meru Trek 3Days 2Nights
Included in price package
• Private transport to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi.
• 2 nights of accommodation in Moshi.
• Transportation to & from the Momela gate
• Park entry fees,
• HURT fees
• Team Meru Rescue fees
• 18% VAT on tour fees & services
• Double layered Sleeping Mats
• Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters
• 3 hot meals daily while on the mountain,hot drinks and snacks
• Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
• Hot water for washing
• Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Meru National Park Authority (Meru Association of Tour Operators (TLTO And TATO)
• Government taxes
• Portable oxygen tanks & ox meter
• Emergency first-aid kit
– Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel before and after climb.
– Travel insurance
– Laundry (Available at hotel)
– Personal items and toiletries
Surcharge for online payment of balance (5%)
– Tips for guides, porters and cook (this is a guide to tipping on the mountain http://www.kiliporters.org/tipping_recommendations.php
Tipping on Meru from the trekking group (not per climber):
• Guides: $20/day/guide
• Cook: $15/day
• Porter: $10/day/porter